Thursday, July 15, 2010

A case of the Upy-Downy's

By breakfast on the last day we had already spotted land.
I went up to the flying deck and could not have been more disappointed to see the Mississippi Coast. I couldn't believe how quickly my trip went by. I learned a lot!

The crew of the Pisces and the NOAA scientists were some of the nicest (even with all the teasing) people I have ever met. I'm so grateful that I was able to have this experience. I said goodbye to as many of the crew I could find, many take off as soon as they get into port or go to sleep, and each one told me I should come back again. I would love to! I've already asked and plan on applying again for next year.


Now, I'm home in Seattle, Washington. . As I was flying in,  I was greeted by one of the reasons I live on the West Coast.


As a result of having been aboard a ship,  I have a case of the upy-downy's (getting my land legs back). The world keeps moving like I'm still on board the ship. The upy downy's are also affecting my mood.  I'm happy to be home, sleep in a real bed, see my family and my neph-puppy but I'm also sad that my adventure is over. I can't wait to get back in the classroom and share all that I have learned with my students!

Thank you for reading my blog and again thank you to NOAA and the Pisces!

1 comment:

  1. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............

    ReplyDelete